10 Awesome Music Videos from 2009, or "Yes I am totally in the tank for Fever Ray/KDA"

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 | |

Ding ding ding! Andreas Nilsson wins.


10. Animal Collective - "My Girls", dir. Jon Vermilyea & Chad Von Nau

Of course this was a big song and album this year, and to be honest I wasn't totally impressed with the video at first. It grew on me, and I would be lying if I said it wasn't due in LARGE part to the fact that it inspired someone to make this.




9. Beyoncé - "Single Ladies", dir. Jake Nava, choreographed by Frank Gatson & JaQuel Knight

"ONE OF THE BEST MUSIC VIDEOS OF ALL TIME" - All capz Kanyeezy.
But seriously, if I wasn't such an awkward motherfucker I would have learned the moves.




8. Fever Ray - "When I Grow Up", dir. Martin de Thurah

Electric adolescence, witchy movements, and Converse.




7. HEALTH - "Die Slow", dir. HEALTH

Bloody mosh pit, it's like a BK warehouse party!




6. Yeasayer - "Ambling Alp", dir. Radical Friend

There's a horse in the desert and mirror-faces. Enough to get me hooked.




5. Röyksopp feat. Karin Dreijer Andersson, dir. Filip & Andreas Nilsson

I don't...I don't even know. But I LOVE it. Tribal trailer park, drums on the road!


Music Videos


4. Fever Ray - "Stranger Than Kindness", dir. Andreas Nilsson

It's quite similar to the live show, what with all the costumes and lasers. Warm fuzzy memories!




3. Lady GaGa - "Bad Romance"

Walk, walk, fashion baby. Work [the McQueen lobster claw shoes!], move, that bitch ca-razy. INDEED.




2. Fever Ray - "Keep the Streets Empty for Me", dir. Jens Klevje & Fabian Svensson

Black-and-white city, yet anything but typical. Stunning, stunning, stunning.




1. Fever Ray - "If I Had a Heart", dir. Andreas Nilsson

THIS IS THE GREATEST MUSIC VIDEO YOU HAVE EVER SEEN. Really, if you know me I have forced you to watch it. This needs to be made into the BEST full-length horror movie ever. Karin Dreijer Andersson + Andreas Nilsson = Team of this gal's audio-visual dreams.






0 comments: